Monday, October 12, 2009

POOPED...

WOW, the Hmong new year celebration was amazing! So many people stayed over at my house, it was jam packed! The funny thing was that there was so many people, we didn't have enough pillows. BUT, thanks to the soccer players, they brought their own. I believe there was at least thirty people staying over this past weekend. All of the bedrooms, couches, airbeds, and futons were full. Even the floors in the bedrooms, living room, and the basement were full of people sleeping! It was nice because we never get to spend time with family like this and this year, we had the whole family and the soccer team over. We cooked so much food over the weekend, there's so much left overs!

The actual Hmong new year celebration was fun. Our soccer team lost... The ref was a cheater; he said that our team lost the game because this was not their town! What kind of BS is that? Just because our team was from the cities he made them lose. He really gave the soccer team an unfair game because he didn't give a red card when he was supposed to. He was also talking on the phone while reffing a game! But there is always next year; we will use this year as an opportunity to win next year! The other funny thing was that everyone was calling our soccer team the Halloween team because they were wearing Halloween colors. But really, they were called the ants because most of the team members were so short!

I got to eat all of the food that I said I would eat. I got to eat most of them free because I was helping my husband's cousin's girlfriend with her restaurant! I also got to buy the fruit and that I wanted to eat. I bought: lychee, passion fruit, pomegranate, sugar cane, and I got lots of peaches. It was a good deal because a bag of fruit was only five dollars; and if you buy four, you get one free! I also got to buy a CD and a DVD.

Sadly, I didn't see anyone come to the new year! It was so cold that no one showed up! Saturday was freezing; I believe that it was 30 degrees. It was a good thing that there was no snow too because most of the stores would have been closed down and I wouldn't have gotten to buy anything.

I'm so tired, I almost fell asleep in class. The babies are also gone! I'm really glad that they left but also sad. The good part: they left, now I can sleep through the night and get my homework done. The bad thing: I kind of miss them, but I can deal with it since I get to see them again next weekend. So there was the new year and my wonderful weekend. It all went by so fast! I'M SO POOPED!

2 comments:

Sam Kaiser said...

It sounds like you had a great time! It seems like there is a lot to do and that you're really busy, but I'm sure you enjoy it! The food also sounds delicious.

A Good Life said...

WOW, Baobie, I have lots of people stay at my house but that is a lot of people. I agree with you when you say it was nice because the family doesn't get to that very often. I love spending time with my family and eat and be marry together. It creates memories and brings joy to people that have a pure heart for families. Well, I hope you can recuperate and life get back to normal, lol.